Videos and Presentations
- Aoyama Cemetery (Sept.2023)PDF (See also Video, “Serious Stones”)
- Daft Dancing:
1. A Fan of this Great Song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfgNBQrsKNs
2. Another Song for Crazy Dancing: https://youtu.be/VAH7PalOAeM
- 3. Sea Cruise by Frankie Ford: Working on the moves for this!
- Introduction to FineLine Press: FLPee’s Gee Bee discusses briefly some of FLPress’s interesting books over 14 years. January 2023 https://youtu.be/WmRa8CxCJDU (Apologies – “gomen nasai” – to Mary King; her walk down Japan was 7,500 kms … not the diminutive distance I say here!)
- Memories of James “Borovitch” Long Ago – recalling our gravedigging summers together.
- Blood Money, Blood Oath! – Memory of James and Graham giving blood for cash in Athens in 1970.
- Dafty Dancing to a Great Song! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfgNBQrsKNs
- Present Perfect: Spot points you could improve: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIZxY4jlE8k
- Bye Buy Our Home! Trying to sell home against odds. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-gPbBYQCWs
- Poetry a Centenarian Remembers: About the book by Graham Bathgate https://www.pechakucha.com/presentations
Tartan Daffodils: G.Bathgate, a daft Scotsman Scottifies Wordsworth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3wvnFDU28w
Serious Stones: Graveyards in New Zealand and Tokyo https://youtu.be/6TIyhILiS0c
What to do in Self-Isolation? Billy and Graymey sing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKfxALA6A0Q
Shadow(s) Play by G.Bathgate: Listen carefully! https://photos.app.goo.gl/td6rnQnRcrAeaMNw5
- Scots Lingo: Memories of Scots as a Foreign Language https://youtu.be/apmiZr3Z4Ek
- Robert Louis Stevenson: Personal memories, a dialogue https://youtu.be/cm_lh-t3oA8
- Audios from book “Gushers” by G.Bathgate:
- Presentation by G.Bathgate at Japan Writers’ Conference, Tokyo, 8-9 Oct. 2017 –
Original (Very) Singing and Recitation
• The Last Time – Spoken
• Sir Patrick Spens, great Scots ballad
• A Wee Scottish Tale … very short!
• Short spelling joke (Womb) … less than a minute:
- No’ Awa’ Tae Bide Awa’ (Mercifully only three versions):
- 1. Stay Away / Bide Awa’
- 2. Parody of “No’ awa’ tae bide awa'” – Thinking kindly of a fair number of friends and acquaintances recently shuffled off. (March, 2023)
- 3. Ahm No’ Awa …’ sings Grim Bathgate … after a fashion
• “Little Sister” – Recited, leaving the singing to Elvis!
- With Wordy Apologies to The Bee Gees from “Gee Bee”.
- Memories of my old digger mate, James long ago in rural Perthshire, Scotland … some hijinks!
- Happy Burrdy 2022 (Apologies to the original Happy Birthday song)
- Get It Doon Ya (Apologies to Leonar Cohen)
- Ging Oan! (Spoof by Gruddy Bathgate on “Rave On” – profound apologies to the great Buddy Holly.) Scots lyrics here: Ging Oan! Brace yourself!
- Al Capone Joke told in seconds by G.Bathgate
- To a Mouse (Couple of verses in English, too) told by Grim Burnsgate
- A Red Red Rose recited by Grim Burnsgate
- Marie’s Wedding sung in celebration sort of by Yours Truly!
• The Lake Isle of Innisfree by WB Yeats